Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hunger Gels...

There's been a lot of hype surrounding today's opening of "The Hunger Games."  And with hunger in the title you can bet there's been a slew of recipes inspired by dishes from the decadent Capital.  So why not jump on the bandwagon?!

First I thought, go for the obvious. In the book she they describes in details a stew she loves that is made with lamb and plums.  But lamb gelatin?  I'm not there... yet.

Next,  I looked up the plant for which Katniss was named, but its a starchy root vegetable. Hmmmm... let's think again.

Finally, I decided to reflect Katniss spirit, which is a lot easier to translate into a flavor profile. These gels are a combination of sweet, sour, and snap. The base is an organic lemonade and candied ginger gelatin. The top layer is  a milk gelatin and the logo created using  my special gelography technique.




Success!  May the odds be ever in your flavor.....



No comments: