Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Autumnal Surprise

This most recent creation is  truly a gelaborative effort. I've had the idea for a jello shot filled cupcake for a while now, and the perfect opportunity came up to make my first batch.

Under the tutelage of Emily Bao, an expert baker here in Boston, I've begun learning to bake. It's a whole other brach of food science, but I'm getting the hang of it.  

In addition, I've just met the two coolest ladies of boutique cocktails and spirit alchemy. Harmony and Meaghan of Booze Epoque made the most delicious autumn drinks at the Harvest Hoe down which inspired me to think fall flavors.  I had several butternut squash in my garden so with that I made a syrup of squash and fig to which I added some rum and bourbon and turned into a gelee. For the cupcake what better pairing than apple spice, topped of course, with a cream cheese frosting.



These are just the first batch- more varieties to come. 

No comments: