Sunday, November 2, 2008

Spooky shots



The are Halloween inspired gelatin shots. I tried to make dark black, yet see through gelatin coffins with skeletons and bats inside. To make the hidden treasures, I used gummy Halloween candies.

Ingredients

2 cups cola
2 envelopes unflavored Knox gelatine
1 6oz. box of Grape Jello
2 cups Svedka Vodka
Gummy Halloween Candies

In making these I learned that gummy candies sink right to the bottom and make it difficult to remove the shots from the pan. It might help to let the gelatin sit in the fridge until tacky and then put the candies into the pan. In addition, gummy candies will absorb moisture and expand, There are best when made and eaten within a couple hours.

Have fun.

1 comment:

Rodin Shaw Cole said...

Matt! I love these! I can't wait until next Halloween for you to make them with me. You're so clever!

-R