Thursday, January 26, 2012

Blueberry, Tart Cherry, and Basil

On a recent trip to San Francisco, I was invited to a dinner party hosted by my old roommate Sarah.  I had spent the past three days at the Fancy Food Show and was amazed by the great flavor combinations and wanted to bring something to the dinner that was a bit flavor adventurous.  Thus was born the Blueberry, Tart Cherry, Red Wine, and Basil gelee.




Sarah and I went to high school together and both had relocated to San Francisco back in the 90's.  The amazing thing about being an East Coaster in SF is that you have to check your judgements and snobbery at the Golden Gate.  The first question isn't,  "what do you?" but rather "what are you into?"

Well, the answers to both questions are the same for me now- Gelatin. But one of the guests, Misti, was into cooking and had been a chef.  She had great flavor combination ideas and wrote down several great ideas. That's what I love about working with gelatin, other people also get excited about it. 


I can't wait to get into the gelaboratory and experiment with some of her ideas!  And a shout out to Mugwumpin's astounding success with their latest show, Future Motive Power.

No comments: