Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012

It's a new calendar year and time to set goals.  For me, I will continue to focus on the wonderful world of gelatin and to start it off, I'm heading to the Fancy Food Show in San Francisco. I can't wait to meet other specialty food producers.  It's summer camp for food nerds.

For New Year's Eve, I'd been invited to Christopher Muther's soiree.  Christopher is the style and fashion writer at the Boston Globe and recently wrote a great piece about a 50's themed dinner party he threw.  So being invited by an expert in all things retro, including Jell-o and Aspics, I felt I needed to impress him with some gelation. 


I used the embedding technique for the numbers and letters. For the ice blue flowers, I used the gelatinas artisticas skills learned from Michelle at Blooming Gelatin Art in L.A.  For the past week I've been practicing that skill in hopes of being able to make them as beautifully and quickly as she does. 








I wish you all a great first day to the new year!


No comments: