Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Green Monstah goes West


A bartender here in Boston makes the most delicious green drink. He is truly a mixologist. I watch in awe as he takes a whole smorgasbord of liquids and shakes away producing this elixir that makes me happy and if it makes you happy, it can't be that bad. This is my rendition of this, as of yet , unnamed drink.

I'm calling my shots The Green Monstah after the infamous wall at Fenway park.

The Green Monstah


6oz box of lime gelatin
2 envelopes of Knox gelatine
1 1/2 cups hot water
1/4 cup margarita mix
1/4 cup coconut rum
1/4 cup peach schnapps
1/4 cup vodka
1/4 cup apple pucker



After I mixed all this up I put them in my favorite silicon cups and let them gelatify (not a real word) in the fridge. I made these for a friend's going away party. He is taking the leap of faith and leaving the East Coast for the West. The combination of tart and sweet were well received, even by people from Ireland and Serbia who had never had a gelatin shot before!

No comments: