Sunday, July 10, 2011

Harry Potter Shotters- Version 1

Hello Gelophiles,

The buzz has been huge for the final Harry Potter movie. I don't know about you, but I can't wait to see how it ends. Ok, I know how it ends. I've read the series three times.... I do have a life outside of Gelatin shots. Wait that sounds really nerdy.

Moving on. In honor of the premiere I've been working all weekend on some shots specific to Harry Potter. Here's my first release.



Black Treacle Shotters
1 1/2 cups ginger beer
2 Tbsp. caster sugar
2 Envelopes Knox gelatine
1 Tbsp. Black Treacle
1/2 cup rum simple syrup (recipe below)
dash of cinnamon

Rum Simple Syrup

1/4 cup dark Rum
1/4 cup spiced rum
2 Tbsp. Blackcurrant Brandy


Black treacle aka Molasses is an acquired taste, and a big part of the Hogwarts banquets. I designed these shots to be sweeter than Hermione, tangier than a Fizzing Whizbee, and pack a meaner punch than a Howler.

No comments: