Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Four Layered Sriracha Shot


Hello Gelophiles,

The creativity in the kitchen has been low, but for a good reason. I was busy writing a play for the Eventide Arts Play Competition and am now on the final edits before submission. Phew! AND, I'm busy doing nothing. Nothing? Yes, nothing. This is the first time in two and a half years that I am not doing one of the Gold Dust Orphans plays, so I am relishing free time. It may seem like I should have MORE time, but I needed some time to just mellow..... no jello. I had forgotten what it was like to just go out and not talk about jello.

But don't let me fool you, I was constantly surveying the world for potential gelatin shots and man, do I have a lot of ideas. First, I am excited to say that I'm making a short video about gourmet jello shots. We've been having fun developing the idea and doing the initial shootings. Stay tuned for the finished project.

Also on the calendar, Gelology is making creative gelatin treats for Fort Point Channel Theater's Valentine's Day Benefit. The good people of FPC Theater are putting on a reading of Marquis De Sade's Justine at the Boston Playwright's Theater. So if you want something alterna-romantic to do on Valentine's Day come on down for some drama and jello.

Now for the main feature. Today's shot is a quadruple layered Pineapple, Lime, Coconut Srichaca shot. I went one more level with the sriracha themed shot from last month. From bottom to top we have a base of lime gelatin mixed with tequila and unflavored gelatin. Then comes a layer of coconut milk, unflavored gelatin and sriracha, followed by a pineapple gelatin with rum layer. Topping it all off is another cilantro infused coconut milk then solidified with unflavored gelatin.

Hasta luego...jello.

No comments: