Friday, June 17, 2011

One week and one day

Hello Gelophiles,

One week and one day from today is the Jell-o Mold Competition in Brooklyn. I've been thinking and thinking and thinking about the jello, the aesthetics, the logistics. So many choices.

Today I am going to the Stony Brook Fine Arts center in Jamaica Plain. I've been looking for a vacuum degasser to eliminate nasty bubbles in my silicone medium. (Don't you just hate that?!). After a long search seriously about three months and many bizarre cold calls, I've finally found a place that has one. And merely blocks from my house. Isn't that ca-razee!?

Thanks to the helpful hands of Ben at the Stony Brook Fine Arts, I will be making my mold box and pouring my mold. It'll take about 24 hours to solidify and post-cure. Just in time to test out the jello recipe Michelle and I will be making on Saturday afternoon.

Here is a hosted by Thu Tran of IFC's Food Party as she narrates the Jello Competitors from 2009.

from The Feedbag on Vimeo.



Keep posted for more information on the road to Jell-o.

No comments: