Friday, October 15, 2010

Caramel Apple Cider Shots


Hello Gelophiles,

Today's shots were inspired by a recent apple picking outing. Back in California every transplanted east coaster says "Gee, I miss the fall. You could go apple picking." Well, as a former transplant back who's now back on the East Coast just let me say this, no one ever goes apple picking. You try, you think about, but you don't. And fall is cold. Don't even get me started on winter.

Finally after four years back, I finally went. And it was fun. And we ate apples. But the real fun came from thinking about how I jellify and boozy up this confection. Here's my attempt.

Caramel Apple Cider Shots
Apple Cider
Maple Syrup
Knox Gelatin
Sugar
Dark Rum
Cinnamon Schnapps
Homemade caramel
Chopped Peanuts



The next time someone tells you they want to move back to the East Coast because they miss the seasons, feed them these shots and tell them the seasons are overrated.

No comments: