Monday, October 18, 2010

Kandy Korn Shots


Hello Gelophiles,

Life is accepting challenges. So this weekend I was challenged to design a shot for a Halloween party. Something festive, themey, and delicious. The first thing that came to me was, "Can you melt Candy Corns and put them into gelatin." And just like that, my scientific brain deduced that 1) They are made from mostly sugar and corn syrup, and 2) gelatin is mostly sugar and protein, 3) the sigmoid curve of the viscosity must be equal to one over infinity. Therefore, by the asymptotic angle side angle postulate, candy corn must be dissolvable in gelatin!

I bought a bag of candy corn and had a grand ol' time dividing them into their separate component colors. Come on, who doesn't bite off each color with their front teeth, slowly torturing the poor candy corn from the bottom up, leaving the creamy white head for last? It can't be just me?

It's probably just me.

Anyway, after meticulous candy corn dissecting, I dissolved each color segregated layer into an appropriate gelatin and fortified with some unflavored knox.

Here are the players in our delicious challenge:


Through the ancient art of alchemy, the recombine to form these:



And with the artistic stylings by Allison, here's what a zombie hand holding a devil pumpking eating one of my shots might look like.

No comments: